|My first codex|
|All four codices|
|Sewing the codex|
|The finished binding|
|The finished article!|
Thanks also to Jo for showing me tablet weaving & mask making... all problems with these parts of the challenge are entirely down to pilot error!
The mask was going fine until I cut the eye holes... too big :( I am going to try to remedy it with judicious use of decoration, but we'll have to see how that goes. Here's a few pictures from the process, before it went wrong!
|The base mask.|
|Shaping the decorative cogs|
|Cogs fixed to the mask, all painted & pretty!|
As for Tablet weaving - I think that's one for you Jo! I tried, and the first little piece I made was OK...
|Once I got going, all was well!|
Then I tried something a little more complex, with a border either side. I had a lot of trouble with the S & Z threaded cards next to each other getting caught up together, and forgetting which way I was turning the cards to make the pattern!
|Not so good....|
I tried another variant, tubular weaving, which worked OK, but still not spectacularly well.
|A simple finger braid|
Finally, I decided to try out normal weaving, since Jo had loaned me a loom to do the tablet weaving on... the sides kept pulling in and I just don't think I have the patience for this kind of thing!