Saturday 10 March 2012

Film I wouldn't have seen....

On Thursday, I was invited by a friend to go & see a film.  I thought about it; the film was only on for the one showing: I'd have to miss my German Class.  However, it was a German film (subtitled in English), so I would still be getting my dose of German for the evening.  Or so I thought.

The film was called Verhängnis (Fate) by Fred Keleman showing at the Tyneside Cinema as part of the AV Festival's "Slow Cinema" season. 

Initially the dialogue was in Spanish according to my friend who is fluent in Spanish (I couldn't hear any of it!)  The next dialogue was in Russian.  I could hear that, as most of it was shouted.  There were about five lines of German, inaudible.  I know it was intended to be a slow film, but this one was 80 minutes (that felt like 5 hours) of sheer boredom.

I'm not usually averse to art films, or foreign films, however all in all, I should have gone to my German class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment