Monday 27 February 2012

Arachnophobes beware!

I managed one of the scariest of my 40 things at the weekend.  ToH & I were in Leeds visiting his folks, and we were having a wander around the Arndale Centre in Cross Gates (about the only time I ever manage to drag him out in the vicinity of any shops!) and Morely Exotic Animal Rescue Centre had several different critters there to show off. http://www.morleyexoticanimalrescue.moonfruit.com/

(I am not responsible for the content or layout(!) of any external websites!)

Stinky Dee (a skunk) and several snakes and lizards were there, including a beautiful Madagascan Ground Boa, and an albino corn snake.

However, the star of the show for me was a young Chilean Tarantula.  They'd only had him/her for a few days, and he/she didn't have a name (or even a known gender!)

Before I could think too hard about it (i.e. be terrified!) I asked if I could hold it.  Below is proof that I have done this challenge!





It was a lot less scary than I thought it would be... The spider was so light, and actually quite lovely to hold!  It moved about a little bit, which was a bit more worrying, but it barely even tickled.

I'm so proud of myself for managing this one, and on the spur of the moment as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment